A quaint town with plenty of businesses
This welcoming community is located at the junction of Hwy. 7 and Hwy 41 and just a short drive from the popular camping spot: Bon Echo Provincial Park. The Kaladar Community Centre helps to bring together locals in this tight knit community.
Until the Canadian Pacific Railway came through here in 1184 there was just a sporadic settlement in the area. But, with the train came opportunity and lumber became a commodity to be transported.
- The original name was Scouten, after the first postmaster.
- The Canadian Pacific Railway used to pass through town, this is now a rail trail and part of the Trans Canada Trail.
- The Great Trail – The Great Trail is a cross-Canada system that connects us together from the Atlantic to the Pacific to the Arctic Oceans. It is currently the longest recreational, multi-use trail network in the world. A portion of this trail runs through Addington Highlands near Kaladar.
- Kaladar Pine Barrens Conservation Reserve – Road Cycling – If you’re an avid cyclist, you’ve come to the right place. We have trails that are on and off road to choose from.
- Flinton Conservation Area – Open dawn to dusk this Conservation Area is located in the village at the river. You’ll be greeted with large white pines and a pretty place to hike, picnic, and much more.
L&A County Trails – Bike Routes
Reasons to Live in Kaladar in Addington Highlands
Kaladar in Addington Highlands is a great place to live. Here are some of the reasons why residents enjoy living here.
- Lower housing costs
- Reasonable cost of living
- Low crime rate
- Great location
- Access to health care
Plan Your Visit
Plan a Move Here
Stay in the know! Sign up for our newsletter.