Come for a visit, stay for a lifetime
Small communities, wide open spaces and nature right at your doorstep.
Here, you’ll have all the big city amenities like access to high quality health care, higher education institutions and first-rate entertainment options plus a small town vibe where hiking, cycling and spending time outdoors is the norm. If this is what you are looking for, L&A may be the perfect place for you and your family.
- Close to colleges and universities in Kingston and Belleville
- Lennox & Addington County General Hospital
- Solid county road system that connects our communities
- Great local wineries, craft breweries and hard cider producers
- Growing housing market, with prices you can afford
- Sport facilities that regularly host provincial, national, and world championship events
- Immediate access to popular tourist destinations like Bon Echo Provincial Park and the Lennox & Addington Dark Sky Viewing Area, to name but a few
Whether you are considering a move, starting or relocating a business or have any questions at all about L&A, we’re here to help. Not only are we happy to provide answers, we also will take you on a tour. That way you can see if this area is a good fit for your business or for you to live.
There’s a whole lot of good happening in L&A
Come learn, grow and be social in L&A.
Kindergarten, elementary and secondary education is provided through our public and separate schools boards. Special programs include French Immersion, adult education, children with special needs and alternative schools for students who would benefit from a non-traditional approach.
For post-secondary education we are fortunate to have many options within close proximity to L&A. These include: Queen’s University, St. Lawrence College and Royal Military College of Canada all located in Kingston and Loyalist College, located in Belleville.
- Lennox & Addington County General Hospital – Located in Napanee, this hospital provides emergency services, general medicine and general surgery right here at home.
- Kingston Health Sciences Centre – Southeastern Ontario’s largest acute-care academic hospital, which consists of Hotel Dieu Hospital and Kingston General Hospital. Located just a half hour away in Kingston, Ontario. This hospital has been ranked as one of Canada’s top research hospitals.
- Providence Care Hospital – Provides specialized care in aging, mental health and rehabilitation in Kingston, Ontario
- QHC Belleville General Hospital – Provides primary and secondary care with a full range of clinics, diagnostic services, support services and outreach programs.
We are also fortunate to have many clubs and activities in the area. Our world-class sport and recreation facilities offer big-city amenities in our smaller communities. Many dedicated volunteers enthusiastically manage large-scale sporting events, while our business community and residents enthusiastically cheer them on.
Some of our larger Sport Facilities include:
- Strathcona Paper Centre (SPC) – 93,000 square foot facility that hosts hockey and broomball tournaments, figure skating and more. With two NHL regulation sized ice pads with the primary rink having a seating capacity of 1,287, the SPC draws in crowds from all over Ontario. The facility also boasts a sporting goods store, fitness centre, meeting rooms, banquet hall and physiotherapist office.
- Napanee Fairgrounds – As well as a yearly fair the fairgrounds also host softball games and tournaments.
- Napanee & District Curling Club
- WJ Henderson Recreation Centre – Is a great place for hockey, figure skating and swimming.
- Elementary and High School Gymnasiums – Many are ideal for volleyball and basketball.
- Museum and Archives School Programs – This museum in Napanee is a cultural hub that offers our local students valuable programing and hands-on learning experiences.
- Book Clubs – Love to read? Join the club! There are a few to choose from in the area. See the options here.
- The Lennox and Addington Ridge Runners Snowmobile Club – This club is a member of the Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs (OFSC). Based in Yarker, the Ridge Runners have been looking after the local snowmobile trails for citizens and visitors since 1969.
- Libraries – Across our five branches we have dozens of programs and events each week. See what’s offered here.
- Golf – With all this beautiful landscape around us it’s not surprising that we have a lot of great places to golf. Check them out here.
- Museums – Historic buildings, amazing artifacts and interesting events. You’ve got to check out our museums, they’ll keep you coming back time and time again.
- Local Wineries, Craft Breweries and Fun Farms – This area is blossoming into something spectacular. See what’s on tap here.
- Stone Mills Recreation Centre – Public skating, facility rentals for banquets and meetings.
- WJ Henderson Recreation Centre – This leisure and activity centre offers many programs and activities including: swimming, skating, meeting rooms and more.
- Odessa Fairgrounds – The Fairground is home to the Odessa Fair, which is a popular agricultural fair formed in 1835. But, the Fairground is also the host of many events including dances, craft sales, workshops and more!
Lennox & Addington has a proven track record of hosting large-scale sporting events. In addition to countless regional and provincial tournaments, our communities have hosted six Softball Canada championships, and have worked with Hockey Canada, the Canadian Curling Association, and PGA Tour Canada on multiple occasions. Each championship has been well-organized and has had tremendous community support.
Residents and visitors to Lennox & Addington have had the benefit of watching some of the finest athletes from across Canada and around the world.
L&A welcomes the opportunity to host your next sporting event.
Send Us a Message
Stay in the know! Sign up for our newsletter.