Lennox & Addington County microbreweries took home some serious hardware at the 14th annual Ontario Brewing Awards. Winners were announced on April 27th at a gala held at The Great Hall in Toronto.
Both of L&A County’s breweries received recognition. The Napanee Beer Company won two golds and a bronze & MacKinnon Brothers Brewing Company also won a bronze. The Napanee Beer Company also took home the ‘Newcomer of the Year’ award. Here is a list of their successful brews…
- Belgian Style Quadrupel… Gold: The Napanee Beer Company – Redacted: These Monstrous Things
- Dark Lager… Gold: The Napanee Beer Company – Blacklist Black German Lager
- Fruit Beer… Bronze: The Napanee Beer Company – Chivalrous
- Vegetable Beer… Bronze: MacKinnon Brothers Brewing Co. – Red Fox Summer Ale
Those looking to taste these award-winning brews for themselves are encouraged to stop by their tasting rooms:
- The Napanee Brewing Company
450 Milligan Lane, Napanee
- MacKinnon Brothers Brewing Company
1915 County Road 22, Bath
The Ontario Brewing Awards highlighted beer from over 120 breweries competing in 48 categories.
Looking for more information about L&A County’s microbreweries, cideries, and wineries?